Tuesday 28 August 2012

A TALE OF BAJU KURUNG...

When I was like 8 or 9 years old, my parents have to attend this Undangan Majlis Perkahwinan one of my late mama’s colleague. But the invitation said that they have to bring all their kids.

So, early in the morning, mama woke me up to bath and dress up NICELY with the PRETTIEST cloth. In my childish mind, of course my PRETTIEST cloth was a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. So, I dress up according to what was I think.

So, when mama saw me dress like that, she screamed and scolded me. She asked me to change my cloth to BAJU KURUNG!! Owh yeah, I reallu really dislike baju kurung. I my mind, baju kurung is like a CAGE. It will limit my movement, and I can’t walk faster or run when I wear baju kurung.

Because I was stubborn and childish, I disobeyed my mama, and they go without me to the KENDURI kahwin. I was mad at her. And she was mad at me too. So the next raya, my mama made 3 pairs of baju kurung for my baju raya. She never bought me a trouser and a t-shirt anymore.

Last Sunday, my father said that I have to  go to MAIDAM. So, I get ready lah. I wore a trouser and a t-shirt. Suddenly, my father told me that I have to wear BAJU KURUNG! If not, he will left me, and I will not go to MAIDAM and never get the DERMASISWA form.

I was so mad at that time. WHY I HAVE TO WEAR BAJU KURUNG? AND WHY THE HELL I HAVE TO WEAR IT WHEN I JUST GO TO THE MAIDAM’s OFFICE??? I was crying a river and my heart tried to calm me down, but my BRAIN still think that was ILLOGICAL!

In my mind, I was like, "Okay, FINE! I will wear that  BERKEDUT SERIBU baju kurung, and walk into the office like a boss” but my heart said "Fatehah, do you want to embarrassed yourself aite? What if you jump into your friends or whoever know there?" Okay fine.

So, with tears and heavy heart, I wore a baju kurung. Of course, my muncung macam bole tarik-tarik buat hanger tahu! Dan aku dah berkira-kira dalam kereta nanti aku nak sumbat earphone dalam telinga dan pasang Radiohead to the max. Ahah, tapi tak buat pon. Aku bukanlah rockers yang tak nak hormat pada orang tua. I am not like that. I am full with respect.

Tetapi, orang cakap lah 'gajah rimau' apa pun dekat aku, cakap lah yang abang-abang turn on bila tengok awek-awek pakai baju kurung, atau manis dan cantik sekali gadis berbaju kurung, aku tak akan pakai baju kurung kecuali hari raya atau bila terpaksa sahaja.

Eheh... nak yang berbaju kurung bukan saya. Talk to the hand.

signature2

No comments: